Sunday, March 06, 2022

notes & things | 3/6/2022


 

Last night, after I tucked into bed to finish off some trashy t.v on streaming, the first real spring-like storm blew threw, that bent the tree in the courtyard and sent all sorts of bits flying through the air and driving the siameses insane. I was too comfortable to get up to open the window to truly enjoy it, and tonight there have been whisperings of snow, but it feels like spring is close. Very close. This week, I am headed down to pick up a print order and am hoping the tulips will just beginning to peek out of the ground in the beds along Michigan. I'm so ready for it. In a week or so, they will be dying the river green and after that, winter is usually banished for good. 

Though today was technically a day off, I still worked on some shop things, some packaging tweaks and photographing some new offerings that will be part of the March  15th  shop update I am planning (and actually the first one in quite a few years.  I am always adding new chaps to the storefront, and maybe bits here and there, but now is the first time I've had sustained time to work on new things, enough for an actual update, and it's been wonderful) There are tattoos and candles, necklaces and new flasks. Also some brand new paper goods. 

My other current in-the-works are a huge batch of chap layouts from later 2021 that will be releasing this month and next, my unreal city series of poems and collages afoot, and edits and final tweaks on animal, vegetable, monster, which is due out in April.  it's been glorious to actually work on things steadily and not always feel like I am chaotically careening one thing to the next. I still have a very long, long to-do list each week, but it's manageable and far more intentional.   

I've also been eyeing the calendar and contemplating NAPOWRIMO, as I do every year this time, and I'm not sure I want to do it, mostly since, while I finally have time, I'll be in the thick of trying to launch the full-length then, and maybe my efforts are better spent there, even while I'll be drafting poems daily if I can.  We'll see how I feel by the end of this month. There is also a question of what to work on, since I have far better luck when I have a defined project, though at the moment, I'm not sure what is next on the horizon. None of my vague ideas are shapely enough at this point to be able to stand on their own. 


No comments: