Monday, March 07, 2022

dancing girl press & studio notes | march 2022

a couple of new things coming March 15th...

It's been a minute since any kind of official dgp-related update, so I thought I might sit down and give some updates on this snowy Monday, which I currently a day I mostly have generally earmarked for corresponding with authors and plotting social media things (and eventually reading submissions when we're open.)  With my new freedom from full-time work life, and even with half the day devoted to other freelance work. I easily have entire afternoons to work on shop and chapbook series business, which will not only mean less harriedness for me, but better things happening there (general organization, communication, faster shipping and turnaround times) And also new things like increased shop offerings and cool things like collab and anthology projects, beginning with the mermaid anthology.

But here are some of the things to keep an eye out for in the next couple months:

*While releases for the dgp chapbook series were not too behind schedule through 2021, by the end, there were a lot of stragglers and some even older books delayed by the covid year in 2020, that are still on the horizon.  So watch for a whole bunch of new books coming late March and early April, as well as a smattering of 2022 new additions mixed in. I've already posted new books by Veronica Suarez, Madison Grace Harden, and Ashley Hajimirsadeghi, so check them out...

*I am plotting a shop update for the middle of March, in which I release a whole bunch of new things, some of which I've been waiting to unveil for a few months and haven't gotten the chance--pendants, candles, tattoos, paper goods, and more...In the meantime, I also have a sale happening on older prints to clear out some stock.  You can get 50 percent off with the code "PRINTMANIA" through the middle of March. 

*Since I am actually intending to have something like a plan for social media after no plan for awhile, keep an eye on both the dgp twitter and my own instagram page, where I will be sharing a bit more going forward, including snippets of new titles, old titles, shop news, and studio snapshots

*SWIM, the mermaid anthology that has so long been on hold will be happening this summer. I still need to touch base with authors before I set a release date, but it's coming. As is an exciting anthology project for fall I can't wait to tell you about as it develops.



No comments: