Sunday, October 17, 2021

#31daysofhalloween | dark country





Today's spooky offering, of course, has to be my latest progeny. --dark country-- which is full of urban legends and slumber party shenanigans. So much of this book speaks to the girl I was--the one who would return from the video store every Friday night with stacks of VHS..who if you asked, at 10, would have told you her favorite movie was Sleepaway Camp. Also, which alarmingly, I insisted all my 5th grade slumber party guests at my new school watch even if their parents prohibited horror. To those same partygoers wandering around outside in the field by my house in the middle of the night playing Bloody Murder. To the ones brave enough to play Bloody Mary in the bathroom. (which I was not.)

You can get your very own copy here:

https://dulcetshop.myshopify.com/products/dark-country-kristy-bowen-1



No comments: