Tuesday, December 23, 2014

So, first there was November and poetry business and readings at the Poetry Center and awesome features as part of the American Acad. of Poets Poem-of-the-Day series.  There were chapbook orders and releases and all sorts of general good busy-ness. But then there was cold weather and pushing on through to Thanksgiving and this weird bad-boot-wearing (not the boots in my earlier "awesome boots" post , but alas) sort of related pain and then suddenly I was bedridden for a couple weeks with pinched nerve issues. I've spent the past two weeks in survival mode and catch-up mode, and omg..just hang on til Christmas break mode, at which I arrive today, moving pretty slowly and only able to walk short distances, but WALKING, which is the important thing. I don't handle pain well.  I don't handle immobility well.  For the two weeks I basically couldn't leave the house (first my parents, then my own) I had to fight the creeping sense of panic and depression that threatened to overturn me.  And I'm still not moving as swiftly or productively as I would like, but I guess I'm moving, which I should be grateful for.  I will have almost an entire week after the holiday to right the ship that was once my rather ordered life, so there's that to look forward to.  There is also the impending release of major characters in minor films, which I've gotten a look at the cover design for and looks to be a beautiful thing.  December was a lost month and has royally kicked my ass, but January I'm a-comin' for you...

No comments: