Tuesday, August 26, 2014


I find myself in the midst of a vacation that has so far included much weekend boozy revelry in Iowa, some bargain cheese & dessert shopping in Wisconsin, and some napping and used book procuring in Rockford (mostly trashy mysteries I intend on reading during the rest of my week off.)  I left the city in a swirl of paper and staples and will return there Tuesday (and also to the first day of classes and no doubt a mile high stack of new ordered titles for reserves, but I am taking it easy while I can.  The week still promises some more napping, a trip to the apple orchard, some lunch/shopping plans with my aunts, and some cookout action for Labor Day.  I am trying to hold onto this last bit of summer, even if it has been rather gross and humid.  I've already noticed the increasing yellowness at the tops of trees, the change in light, my overwhelming urge for fall clothing aquisitions and new shiny pens and notebooks.

No comments: