Sunday, September 22, 2013

So, it's a working weekend, which means I'm chained and bound to the library circ desk both days, during which I plan to finish a few layouts on upcoming books and work my way through the remaining queue of submissions for next year (ideally I would love to be done by the end of September.) We are really feeling fall now.  I've hauled out the heavy blanket for my bed and put away my flip flops *sniff*.

I'm enjoying the lull before the October blitz, which involves planning for my parent's 40th anniversary shindig, some reading action towards the end of the month, the release of girl show, Halloween plans, and other fall merrymaking.   But I know my moods are tenuous this time of year, so I'm trying to get as much done while things are good as I can. Which also means I'm in order muppet mode lately, so of course, my to-do list is organized and color coded, but there isn't much happening in the writing department.  I blame the library and the endless shelves of course reserves, but things are starting to quiet down even there.

ghost landscapes, while I did manage to get all of the images scanned last week, is not much further along in the text department than it was a couple weeks ago.  My prime writing time (weekends) have been a little overscheduled, so I'm hoping next week to remedy that.  But fall always makes me want to write after being lazy all summer.  It's probably that back to school vibe, but suddenly I feel a need to be more serious about things in general. Or maybe it's just the warm beverages after a summer of icy ones. Suddenly I start downing hot coffee and I feel a need to have a pen in my hand.

No comments: