Thursday, July 12, 2012

things that are happening, happening things

*wicked alice's new bloggish format is now live and features new poems by Kristin Lueke and a link to a great discussion about the work of Francesca Woodman. Keep your eye out for upcoming work by Sarah Kearns and Karen Terry, as well as all sorts of other goodness there in the week to come. *A week from Sunday, I will be reading with some other fine and well organized ladies at WomanMade Gallery for the Poets Who Open Doors reading , probably reading a bit from shipwrecks of lake michigan and maybe some of the houses and bees poems. WomanMade is one of my favorite places to read, so that whould undoubtably be fun. *I am still working on the Printer's Ball broadside, which will feature a piece from J Hope Stein's from [Talking Doll:], and since it's a project about science and historical inventions, I thought it might be a good fit for the Ball's Time Warp theme. New books are also due out very soon from Natasha Marin and Tzyna Pinchback, so stay tuned for those. *I have made a slight dent in the houses and bees project this week and plan to start submitting them in earnest on Friday (which is my day designated for focusing on business related to my own work--which in my new daily organizational structure, I'd ideally call it something fancy and alliterative, but I have nothing.) I also keep losing the little lists of new journals I want to send things to, so it remains to be seen how well that will actually work out.



No comments: