Thursday, February 09, 2012

unfinished business

It's been a crazy workhorse week where I've barely had a moment to take a breath much lest blog, but I am making swift progress on things so I thought I'd take a little break & check in here. All sorts of books that were in the works finalized and still a few more to go. I'm thinking if I get them all rolled out this week and printed, I'll still have a couple of weeks to get them assembled and author copies out before the conference. There is so much goodness in this batch I can't wait to show them to you.

I am still struggling to stick to my vow to work on my own projects and should have some results to show you soon, including the zine project for botanica automata, which I happily discovered fit rather nicely into a huge lot of green square envelopes that I bought for some other project years ago they didn't quite work for. (Don't get me started on the 26 accordian book kits I rememember buying around the same time from Paper Source and haven't yet used...baby steps....) Of course, my life (my apartment, my studio) is littered with supplies for half finished and barely concieved things and I can only hope I'll get time to do them eventually.

And writing is no different..I have titles for about 4 manuscripts I've barely written a thing for, some of which are little zygotes in my notebook. I suppose too many ideas and inspirations are a good thing versus a lack of it, but it's still frustrating nevertheless. In the meantime, I get distracted by so many other things that take precedence. My dream is maybe taking a month off from everything, the library, the press business, and just working on all these things, writing and reading and making things. It's probably not going to happen (especially since I've already carved a week of vacation time out for AWP, which only leaves me 3more weeks for the whole of 2012) but it's a nice thought.

No comments: