Saturday, November 20, 2010

art, or something like it



These are some pieces I have in the current art show at work. I might make some prints available in the shop in the next couple of weeks, so keep an eye out. They had been hanging in the studio for awhile and blending in among the chaos for so long I'd almost forgotten about them. I was initially planning on submitting some pieces from the Dream House project, but they are moving a little slower than expected, so these had to do. I'm toying a little with paints and colored pencils lately, but I'm wishing I'd squeezed some art technique classes in amongst all the poetry. I'm not good with the drawing (even straight lines elude me) I was a nightmare even in my set drawing classes back as an undergrad, but I'm good with general painting and blending. Pretty much why I usually stick to assemblage.

No comments: