Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer seems to be happening and it seems like I may quite possibly sleep through it entirely. I procured some high thread count sheets a couple of weeks ago and all I want to do is stay in bed. It has been rainy the past few days, although this morning was clear and bright with big puffy clouds and not as much dampness or humidity. I had a window seat lakeside on the bus, which put me in an unusual good mood and am wearing my favorite gray dress, but after a day in the library, that mood seems to fade for no particualr reason. There are caramel machiattos though, and yesterday, I finished a poem, which I hadn’t done in a long while. I want to go straight home tonight, since I am waiting on toner anyway , which means I can’t print any books. I have yet to put away the laundry I did late last week, so now everything will be wrinkled and I need to get it hung up before it ‘s covered with cat hair and needs to be washed again. I feel I need to be more accountable for my days, which seem to twirl by at breakneck speed. I never get as much done in a given week as I would like, and I seem to be perpetually about two weeks behind on every single thing. It doesn’t help that I keep falling off the wagon when it comes to certain relationships that need to be over. There are new possibilities, but I am still stuck in the groove of a very broken record. It’s no good.