Friday, May 22, 2009

window shopping



Since I tend to spend quite a bit of time daily sitting on a bus on Michigan Ave admist traffic lately, hands down my favorite store to drool over their windows is J. Mendel, tucked right at the top of the Mag Mile. They're actually a pretty slender storefront, but the clothes in the displays are always lovely and switched out often. Gorgeous, flowy, soft colored dresses and coats--corals and lavenders and luscious creams that seem to float there.




I always scoff at the ridiculous amounts people will pay for things on that stretch--Chanel, Burberry, Louis Vuitton, which usually seems ugly and overpriced. But those Mendel dresses make me wish I had the sort of money to shop there (and the body to make them work). Apparently they are most famous for their furs which I am of course, not really comfortable with as an industry, but oh the pretty dresses..*sigh*


No comments: