Thursday, October 30, 2008

yikes...

I just discovered that on Tuesday, Obama and a million expected supporters will be anxiously awaiting election tallies in Grant Park. I will be right across the street from the whole shebang (literally) and getting off work at 10. It's supposed to go til 11, but lets' hope it's a happy celebratory million and not a cranky, disappointed million...

However, if there's even the slightest chance that Caribou Barbie will be running the country after McCain keels over, you will find me in Canada come Wednesday morning...

Evening Edit: Actually, I just found out they will be closing the campus at 6pm. on Tuesday. The Fine Arts is also apparently closing at 6 (and rumor has it, some businesses down here have been asked to close at 3pm. that day.) I know CC closed up early on the night before the 4th of July when the fireworks mob assembles downtown, so this must be similar...so I guess I will be going home to watch election returns that night (actually online since I get no tv reception without cable anyway....)If the Dems do lose, and the crowd goes all riot crazy and burns down the building, at least they won't miss me when I flee to Canada...

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I will be among the happy (hopefully) million next Tuesday! It's going to be a crazy night!

And if, by any chance, McDumb & Dumber pull off a major upset, I will soon call foggy London my new hometown and will henceforth refer to everyone as "guvnah".

Evildolleyes said...

Well, whether he wins or loses, you'll witness history. One of the city's biggest celebrations ever, or one of the biggest angry mobs. Have fun. :)