Friday, September 12, 2008

no rest for the wicked...

I have spent the morning weeding through the morass of the wicked alice inbox. It's scary in there, and since we've been closed to submissions all summer, I hadn't really ventured in very often, if at all in the last couple of months or so while I've been struggling to keep my head above water over at dgp. I did manage to whittle down 350 submissions to a mere 39 in the final batch, but I've had some of them since February, so I imagine the poets are getting angsty about them..I hate to be one of those journals that takes 6+ months to respond, but alas, the press runs me ragged...though I don't feel quite as guilty as I would if we didn't take simultaneous subs and were tying up people's poems indefinitely.

The next task, chapbook manuscripts...though I'd better wait until I'm in a better mood...

3 comments:

davka said...

your poetry kills me

in a "le petite mort" of the mind kind of way..

wanted to let you know.

Annandale Dream Gazette said...

Hi Kristy -- May I include your September 6th dream in the Annandale Dream Gazette?

kristy bowen said...

Davka-

thank you! and I'm glad t's not in the "run over by a truck" sort of way..:)


***

Annadale--

Sure!