Wednesday, April 09, 2008

addendum

Embarassing confessions aside, I did a quick little bit of research into the video's director Sophie Muller and found that not only had she directed another Dixie Chicks video I love for it's creepy victorianesque (if not the song), but also this, another favorite of mine from Maroon 5 and this one from Faith Hill, which I used to watch over and over and had an inkling might be the same director, similar style. Also this and a bunch of other videos I remember being better than average . I can only say all of these videos had something about them that made me want to watch them again and again, a certain cinematic feel, almost haunting, whatever the genre of music.

1 comment:

k1tchenwitch said...

well, ya know, if it makes you feel better . . . ;)

I'd never listened to the Dixie Chicks, UNTIL I heard their song "Lullaby" played during an ep of Medium. Then I went nuts trying to figure out who sang it and I downloaded it and began singing it in the shower. Still do. I take a little comfort in the fact that Fred had a Dixie Chicks poster in Angel.