Wednesday, December 12, 2007

poems are not bombs, I swear...

So I thought I was being smart...since the big box containing MG's Secret Meanings took forever to get overseas, I was going to send more copies in smaller, air mailable packages (about 7 each) put enough stamps for them to get over, and just drop them in the mailbox and send them on their way. WRONG. Apparently, over the summer, the USPS decided anything over 13 ounces MUST, in fact be a bomb, and could not be dropped into a corner mailbox (my only option since I do not have a home box and the PO is a pain to get to). So yesterday I arrive home to find all three packages have been returned to me. My question is where they were in the interim week if they never left the post office? Is there a vast conspiracy to stop the poetry trade from the US to Austria? Am I cursed this week? At least I think I can re-use the stamps since they are uncanceled. I will be trying Express Mail this time...(sorry for the delay M)...

Tomorrow, I'm planning on a good amount of studio time in order too get all the press orders out from the last two weeks and printing the cover for Recovering the Body. I intended to go for a couple hours this morning but last night's post-reading overindulgence involving one too many PBRs (I swear beer is like poison to me anymore) made getting out of bed earlier a little difficult..

No comments: