Friday, May 13, 2005

what is on my desk at work because I'm really bored...

Several manilla (vanilla) file folders full of official job-related billing and invoice stuff.. I think there's also unofficially a copy of my manuscript and the Wicked Alice spring issue poems in the pile.

A purple Eiffel Tower mug with exactly four un-sharpened Columbia College Library pencils, one sharpie, a couple of leaky ballpoints, and red pen.

a staple, tape despenser, phone, computer, post-its

1 small seated gargoyle statue

1 empty iced tea bottle

two small prints leaning against the wall in front of me, my Le Chat Noir cat poster (duplicate of the one hanging in my kitchen at home)and Van Gogh's Cafe Terrace at Night. also on a cork bord to my right, various odds and ends post-cards and a little poster for the opera "The Workshop from Hell" at St. Mark's Church in the Bowery that somehow made it into my mailbox thanks to one of my co-workers, featuring a horned baby holding a frog sitting atop a globe. (Nothing could be more appropriate)

Two Books:

Joseph Cornell: Stargazing in the Cinema and Mina Loy's Last Lunar Baedeker (mostly because I checked them out and they're too heavy to take home.)

My little black notebook.

No comments: