Sunday, August 11, 2024

notes & things | 8/11/2024

It seems fitting that my very first seasonal piece dropped for HD this morning. The same morning, in fact, that we woke up to milder, cooler weather outside the windows, less humidity, and that certain slant of light that foretells autumn. We have a few more weeks of summer obviously, but I feel it every August, that slight shift.  Other Halloween specific content is already up from the last few weeks (here and here) so we might as well call these final days of summer a farewell. Call it a wrap on the slowness of early August as it turns the bend and heads briskly toward September.

I have been taking a few more walks on cooler evenings before the sun goes down since the past week has been rather home laden, taking photos of flowers and bushes I encounter along the way. The Loyola students come back this week, which means the streets around me are about to get a lot more crowded amid move-ins and classes starting. 

Today, I made blueberry cake and coffee and worked a little on some carnival pieces before diving into the very last of the delayed dgp layouts from last season. A rare day where I do not have to be writing other things and am not pressing up against a deadline. I also turned my attention to a a new set of generated images based on a conversation J and I had as we drifted off to sleep high on edibles and groggy about creepy Chthulian-inspired houses rising out of the sea (and which I'll be sharing soon.)