Monday, August 22, 2022

notes & things | 8/22/2022


Today, I was awake strangely early, and after lingering in bed for a bit, decided to just get up and on with the day.  The drowsy humidity of the weekend had vanished and the sun out in the kinds of days that are clear and bright and just right. I can always tell well the atmospheric pressure is low, because I am generally sluggish and take more naps and for longer. I spent the weekend while I was actually awake eating chocolate croissants and working on poetry-related things, including three actual submissions to some newer journals I discovered via Twitter, as well as another video poem and some final edits on the early poems in GRANATA. If I can manage to sneak in a few more poems this week and maybe next, I think I will be happy to set it aside as done, at least for now, and move on to something new. Next week I start some final edits on AUTOMAGIC--whatever is needed to get it ready for publication.  The manuscript has been sitting next to my desk in the living room, ignored, since early summer when I printed it out, along with the COLLAPSOLOGIES book probably slated for next year. I rifle through them every once in a while, but haven't given them the attention they need by any means.

I've ordered some fun new postcards for the shop I'll be picking up today with some covers, featuring collages from the bird artist series.  I haven't added many new paper goods this year and am trying to get my ducks in a row for fall offerings, which will include more prayer candles and some new prints. I also need to get my storage of said offerings under control and the metal shelves in my studio area back under control since they are a mess of stacked boxes, loose inventory, and random supplies. While I am working, I occasionally tidy up the area by the printers, but the rest of the shelves have never truly been well-organized since moving everything here (not like it's been almost three years to do it in, but it just hasn't been a priority.)

There are a couple new hopeful possibilities on the content writing front,  one of which I have an interview for this afternoon (lifestylish blog writing) and the other which is film & entertainment related that's a YES I am super excited about and am just waiting to hear back on particulars. . If I manage to land both, it should round me out on the days I don't have as many assignments and help me get to what I'm hoping to make weekly, and also just beef up my portfolio, which is already far more populated than it was in the spring. 




No comments: