Tuesday, June 22, 2021

notes & things | 6/22/2021


This weekend was filled with restaurant outings and thrifting expeditions, in which I found a cache of lovely green and amber vintage dishes, a couple clothing pieces, and a wood mail sorter that I am thinking will help organize packing orders (which now are just an unruly stack of chaos most of the time.) It was not a huge yield, but the summer is young and I will be doing some more thrifting over the next couple of months. The rest of the weekend included some hang time with my sister and horror movie watching with my dad.  I miss my cats horribly when I am away and always feel uneasy being gone too long, so it was good to get home. 

It was also the summer solstice, which always feels odd in that summer is beginning officially, but also beginning it's so slide back into winter. By early August the light will be different and the day's noticeably shorter, a mirror image of their lengthening in late spring. While I had thought summer might feel shorter with shorter work weeks, it's actually feeling slower and more liesurely, which is nice, I think because I have a couple days more each week to unwind.  While it means I am busier the days I am working, I am loving being able to focus on writing, art, and some bookmaking on my days off. I've been very productive, but still feel like the days are mostly my own. Last night I was up late watching the new version of The Stand, so I got  up today around noon, made coffee and breakfast, and now am settling into some editing tasks and queuing up some blog content for this week.  After a bit of smolder and humidity last week and storms over the weekend, it's absolutely lovely today and mild (and the sort of summer weather that I wish was all the time.)

I also arrived back in town with some belated birthday cash from my dad, so have already procured a black floral satin vintag-ish bag and (another) pair of sunglasses for my hoard. (I am on self-imposed a dress embargo again due to closet space, but am free reign on accessories..lol..) 


No comments: