Saturday, April 03, 2021

notes & things | 4/3/2021

This morning, I was awake far earlier than usual, so after watching the pigeons do pigeon things in the morning sunlight across the courtyard, I got out of bed and made coffee, then drafted todays NAPOWRIMO piece (see below).  I still haven't decided whether i am up for good or am going back to bed for awhile more, but that is what weekends are for. There will be cleaning and self care things (I have a new deep conditioner coming via Amazon today that makes me very excited in a small things way.) Probably an afternoon watching thrifting videos to live vicariously through others until I actually get to go myself.  Later, dinner, then weekly (stay-at-home) date night. Week by week, the city seems more open, but I am not sure this is good as those numbers inch up. I am once again seeing random groups of people out walking in Grant Park toward the waterfront. This is totally safe, but the more crowded restaurants are troubling. Mid-week, I got my first dose of vaccine, so am halfway to maybe not being so worried about it. 

As with the beginning of every month, I find it hard to believe it's April, but oh, am I ready for it. It's a busy month after some lighter ones at the Library.  This week I will be hanging and getting up the web version of the Urban Legends exhibit. Next week, a panel and then meeting with a fashion class to talk about zines. Also a bigger batch of dgp books to finish up before Monday.  In other writing-related things,   I've been working a little on my website landing page as well with some more images since it was a little bare. I was also working on a potential cover design for the next longer book, dark country (it's still a few months off and no where near laid out, but I wanted to get a jump start on the visuals as I think about promotion.) Meanwhile, my hands are full with FEED orders and trying to get that out to as many hands as I can.  Also, now that swallow is wrapped up, also ideas for new video poems.  I'm hoping it will be a productive summer (at least more productive than the last.) 

The magnolias are just starting to bud near the bus stop, so I am wagering they'll be blooming by the end of the week at this rate.  It's been chilly the past few days, but very sunny and clear. They usually happen much earlier than the other flowering trees, sometimes as early as mid-march in milder springs.  Becuase of the chill, there were still no boats in the harbors as of Friday, but they did open up on the 1st, so it's only a matter of time. 

No comments: