Thursday, April 01, 2021

april fool



The internet tells me once again that it's National Poetry Month--a strange thing when most of us are doing poetry every month, all the time, and only now, for a brief 30 days, is there a weird spotlight on it. But not only is it a month devoted to the unloved genre I spend the majority of my life with, it is also my birthday month, so I have some fun things in store in the next few weeks that may be of interest.

* I will be partaking in an attempt, once again, at NAPOWRIMO's 30 poems in 30 days with an entirely new project.  I will be posting daily  temporary drafts on here and on my instagram. I am working on a new series devoted to the weird Victorian taxidermy of Walter Potter, which should be fun.

* April's zine offering has turned out to be my conspiracy theory project of text pieces and collages, so watch for a  small edition print version in the shop, as well as a free e-version next week.  

* I will be also making some older print zines available  virtually for your perusal, including the mermaid-centric shipwrecks of lake michigan and the poets zodiac.

* I will also be doing a giveaway on instagram for FEED around my birthday toward the end of the month, so keep an eye out there. 

*This month also brings the launch of our URBAN LEGENDS:  FROM PLAYGROUND LORE TO CULTURAL NORMS exhibit & programming, which will feature the collage pieces from the conspiracy theories zine project. Stay tuned for the virtual exhibit coming April 8th,...





No comments: