Monday, March 30, 2020

a bit of spring



Today, grocery delivery and work zoom meetings/phonecalls.  A little bit of sun outside finally, warm enough to open a window,  but somehow I feel like I didn't really get anything done.  I am learning to live with these days, even when it seems like I should have infinite amounts of time, sometimes, it feels like I still lose time to scrolling and randomness.  To unproductiveness taking up space.  Some day, hopefully, we'll go back and probably chide ourselves for the lack of useful time.  So far I have a couple of work things accomplished--my lib guide, the article for Programming Librarian.  Edits on a couple series of poems, some books made, some layouts finished.  Various bits of housecleaning and organization It's catch as catch can though, and not a dedicated system or schedule just yet, but I'm working on it. Not much to show for two weeks though.

The daily stats are still abysmal, here and in other countries.  The drone of politics so ridiculous I don't even want to watch it.  If I get busy, I can almost pretend that this is the new normal. It's looking like April will be swallowed up in quarantine, which is do-able, but I still feel like I am missing out on my favorite part of the year to be about in the world. Maybe some walks will cure this feeling of missing out on spring, if I'm brave enough to venture out.  People, I can take or leave, but lovely weather is the hope I endure the entire winter with.  Today, in my grocery order, these flowers, which are a lovely mix and a taste of something I've been missing, not just in the quarantine, but for months.

No comments: