Monday, June 03, 2019

it's straw bag season, bitches


(forgive me, I've been adding bitches to everything I'm really excited about...)

Since we finally have some warmer days, I think we need to celebrate that straw bag season is coming into view.  Granted, I have purse issues, and often bemoan my sadly under-utlized collection.  But summer means, if I trot out any bags, they are occasionally of the wicker persuasion, and I have many, vintage and non, including some larger, floral embellished ones, from Mexico that hold a lot.  (I even use one for small bouts of laundry.) I have some basics that are good fro beach outings (when I actually get there) and some more fragile vintage ones with flowers and even sea shells.  My favorite of all time is this one, which is really too fragile to carry, but I love it nonetheless. The above is a favorite if I don't have that much to carry and somehow has been  in the closet frenzy, paired with that cute scarf that appeared from somewhere (i think it was just a freebie thrown in on something else I ordered off poshmark but I love it.)

I've been lusting after some of the rounded botton, semi-circular ones, and ordered a new one last week with some birthday money from my dad that should be arriving any day now.  Now I need only plan the sort of outings and adventures that require such purses and I'll be golden. (I would totally carry them daily to work, but you can't fit book manuscripts and art supplies in such dainty little contraptions--I need my giant leather tote for the day to day.)

No comments: