Sunday, March 10, 2019

notes & things | 3/9/2019



All this week, I was aching to get the weekend, these being my absolutely favorite kind of days, where mostly I drink a lot of coffee, sleep as late as I desire,  cook some actual food after a week of frozen dinners, edit and read through poems.  Perhaps the days I feel most like an actual writer.  The past few weeks, I've been kicking it off with Friday afternoon's getting the business side of things out of the way--sending submissions, printing out pages of the week's output, and then leaving the weekend for more in depth work.

In the studio, I am steadily working getting books off to authors before AWP and playing catch up on some things that have been sliding through the cracks. I'm not going this year, but there are authors who will be toting their books and a reading hosted by some of the area's native dgp-ers.  I really need to straighten up before I am subsumed in a wall of paper shavings. This weekend, I also set away some time to work on panel questions for Wednesday's Forging Your Lit Empire panel, which is shaping up to be awesome.  It feels like a do-ever on a panel I hosted in 2009 about DIY lit endeavors that no one came to, but less bound by red tape, which is really nice. I'll be teaching a bookwrecking & collage workshop the next Tuesday, which will be the usual sort of fun. 

I'm also excited by the plans turning for the Strange Fever's colloquium mid-April.  Just now, we are going through and choosing art for the exhibit going up in the last week or so of March. My contribution will be hosting a panel devoted to the trope of the sway of young girls, whether it's poltergeist phenomenon or the Salem witch trials.

Spring break is in a couple of weeks, which will give me some more studio time in the evenings.  My mood has been in and out, but the days will soon be steadily warming and lengthening, which feels like it will be immensely good for my temperament.


No comments: