Friday, September 28, 2018

friday obsession | jacket season




We are stumbling into jacket weather the past few days (or least thicker sweater weather) and I am excited about some of the ones that I'll be finally pulling out of the entryway closet (if they have not all been eaten by the moths that are a continual scourge in my wardrobe.)  A few weeks ago, I was gushing about fancified demin possibilities, but I am obsessed with a few others:


* Corduroy

I have a few different shapes and colors (teal burgundy, green, brown, tan) , and a few different cuts (cropped, hip length, knee length) but only one is fully lined and heartier (a basic brown)  so as the tempratures dip, there's only  a sliver of a season to wear them before I have to switch for something heartier.  I'm always on the lookout for more though, as whisper thin as the time for wearing them is.

* Leather

I have one knee length basic black trench and another older reddish brown one (both real, both ebayed).  The tragedy is this beautiful light tan one I bought off of Poshmark but was in no way plus size and no stretch to it. I'm torn over whether to sell it back into the wilds or keep hoping my arms get a little thinner than they are because it's so pretty. I also procured a fake black moto cut one last spring after the one I had (also fake) started to disintegrate and flake away in places..not even from wear but just hanging on the hook by my door..) It's a more masculine in style than I usually wear, but pairs well with super girl floral dresses and lets me live out my 90's fashion dreams.

* Velvet.

This is probably my newest coat obsession, but it's really hard to find them as long as I want in plus size.  I managed to hunt up a couple of blazer cut jackets, one a gorgeous teal, but I've been bust on anything longer with the exception of the leopard print one I snatched up last spring that I want to wear pretty much every day.





































*Knits

 Years ago, my mid-temp jackets were mostly long cardigans in a couple different colors that were warmer than most jackets if you layered them over long sleeve tees or lighter knits.  Most of them got old and worn out and I never replaced them and moved onto other kinds of jackets. Last week I spotted a girl wearing a long crochet duster and I wanted it badly, so it might be time to revisit those urges. I have also fallen a bit in love with shorter ponchos and capes, and have a super soft black one that works as long as it's not too cold out, or if I wear it over long sleeves.



*Suede

I've bought a couple colors of suede hip length coats, but would love to find a knee-length in my size but not too boxy. They work well as something falling between the thin corduroy ones and the much warmer actual leather ones. They also make me feel super posh when I wear them becuase they look quite a bit fancier than the cordoroy.

see links @ pinterest...

No comments: