Thursday, August 23, 2018

the tea party, the death

I must note the  symptoms of the disease so as to know it next time. A slice of wind like a circular saw.  Doubts creep in, I omit the flourishes.  The haphazard gallop. An odd thing, the human mind!  In the comfortable bright hour after tea, London was burning.  I am blown like an old flag, considerably damaged.

Today, we saw the most beautiful views and the most melancholy man with devastating clearness. What sort of diary should I like mine to be?.   What does it matter, writing too many pages?  Feasting spontaneously on the grave?

Often now I have to control my excitement.  I'll run through the rain like a lost child--wandering the house, sitting on the bottom step to cry.   Really I am a little bored. .All eyeless and featureless with nothing to cling to.  Asleep again on the train. I have written myself into half a headache and have come to a halt. Like a tired horse, I shall revise it January February March April


______________________________________________
* fragments culled from Virgina Woolf's A Writer's Diary....

No comments: