Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Today I have been contemplating possible new drawer pulls to replace the slightly rusty ones in my kitchen, and maybe a new coat ( I always feel weird wearing my black wool one with brown things, so would like a grey or camel colored one). In other words, trying to spend money I don't really have (I think I have somehow traded my binge eating/drinking tendencies for out-of-control shopping, either way, I know I have horrible impulse control issues with just about everything.)I ultimately went with YES on the drawer pulls and NO on the coat, but otherwise my expenditures for today have been less extravagant--a lime diet coke, a microwavable chicken noodle soup. I've been putting some finishing touches on books from angela veronica wong and Katie Longofono that I hope to have out this week, and another title from Meg Cowen coming due early next week. I've been ordering some tiny frames for the postcards for an upcoming exhibit and deciding which ones to toss (I did around 30 over the course of the past two weeks, but some are duds). Tonight I must have stapled and trimmed around 50 books from orders last week, plus some author copies of the latest titles. Things are busy and good and I am trying to stay busy and good and all those things, but the dull of January makes me really just want to sleep all day...

No comments: