Monday, November 21, 2011

{break}

This week I am in Rockford again for the holiday, where there will surely be tons of family and lots of food of the turkey based persuasion.. Todays' haunts included the craft store (where I procured some fancy papers and some $1 rubber botanical stamps) and a couple of thrift shops (where I found some old floral pillowcases for my bed, a grey blue bedskirt, a ballerina painting, and a tiny framed pressed flower.) I also loaded up on smaller frames for the impending photo project at the dollar store and some sparkly snowflakes to hang in my windows, since it appears Christmas is faster on my heels than I would like it to be.

I also realized how tenuous my mood is in this early dark. I don't notice it much when I'm working since we don't have windows on my floor, but it's a little unsettling when I'm not so busy and I notice how long these nights really are. There's a point somewhere between sunset and 10pmish when I don't really know what to do with myself. I'm napping a little too much and missing any chance to be at all productive. I was hoping to do a little work on the narrative project since I have been woefully neglecting it in favor of other newer, shiny projects, but so far, not much is happening.

No comments: