Thursday, February 03, 2011

year of the rabbit



I have been home-bound the last three days because of the snow, and despite my love of hibernation, I am going a little stir crazy, especially knowing I have a lot of stuff that could be getting done, books to be made, orders to be sent out, next week's open studio to prepare for. It's back to work tomorrow and playing catch up. I have had it with winter, every year have had it with winter, but each one, like all of them, always seems worse than the last. I am worrying, about some things that are worrisome and other things that are not really worrisome at all. Winter makes me shakier, unsteadier than usual. In my leisure, my dreams have been the usual oddness. Last night, I dreamed I was a bridesmaid in a wedding that was taking place in this weird, fairytale land with strange animals and swan boats, except that I was missing one shoe and was being chased by two men who wanted to abduct me.

No comments: