Thursday, April 22, 2010

I have been having interior design dreams again. The other night, I was fighting with a woman who made costumes over my desire to be a zombie while she insisted on making me a werewolf, and finally just a wolf. I told her I did not, in fact want to be a wolf, but maybe a zombie Little Red Riding Hood after she'd crawled out of the belly of the beast. And to make it a sexy Red Riding hood and not little girlish. Meanwhile, in the background my mother was frantically rearranging the living room furniture to incorporate a rather rather smallish and tacky loveseat into the decor. I kept trying to tell her that it was too small in scale to go with the other furniture, that it was hideous, that there was already way too much furniture in the living room anyway, but she kept putting it in different places and arguing with me.

Last night, I dreamed that the maitenance guys had decided to come into my apartment and redecorate my kitchen rather horribly with generic wood cabinets and paint splatter patterned countertops. Understandably, I was horrified.

No comments: