Tuesday, January 29, 2008

public service announcement

I just realized how lazy and spoiled I am by paypal. I was just thinking I might like to subcribe to Denver Quarterly, one, because I'm thinking of sending them work, and two, because the recent issue contains some of Simone's poems, one of which happens to be..well..ABOUT me...somewhat (she's working on a cool series of poems about women poets she knows inspired by their work, using their work and style as a jumping off point--among them Brandi, Mary, Sophia Kartsonis, Lauren Levato, etc, etc...) Ego maniac that I am, I, of course, want to get my hands on a copy. So I'm clicking around the site and discover that they only take checks, which would *whine* involve hunting down my checkbook at home, writing it out, then actually remembering to mail it before it gets lost in the flotsam and jetsam that is my desk.. Luckily I pay pretty much all my bills online. And I think nothing of clicking that little paypal button impulsively when perusing etsy, but subscribing to DQ seems like *sigh* alot of work. I'll probably still do it, but a note to litmag editors everywhere:

Poets are lazy, irresponsible and impulsive- buying lot. The easier it is to subscribe to your publication, the more subscribers you might get.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://tinyurl.com/ywvf5n

You can buy a lot of lit mags online via Amazon. Saves writing a check, which I am also loathe to do these days.

kristy bowen said...

oooh! Awesome. Thank you!