Tuesday, January 15, 2008


Inspired by all the supplies I see perusing etsy every day, I decided to try my hand at some simple jewelry for Christmas gifts this year, and after a few mis-starts and screw-ups, I finally started to get the hang of it. My mom really seemed to like what I made for her--mostly earrings. Of course mothers would probably love anything--lets just say they went over much better as creative projects than say, oh well a POEM would. (My family has a hard time getting the whole poetry thing...) She was pleased as punch about the earrings, though. I actually don't wear earrings, so I've turned my attention now to necklaces, chokers, and such. I'm working on a bunch of these, so I decided to test the waters by listing one in the shop. Super easy, and not much skill involved, but lovely nonethless. I've always said I have excellent creative vision but really bad hands. That why I like words that I can manipulate in my head, and collage, which just involves cutting and pasting (and not drawing or sketching--I can't draw a straight line to save my life.)

No comments: