Saturday, February 03, 2007

It's been cold. Damn frigid freeze off your face sort of cold. I've been dealing with myriad romantic trauma this week (a situation left over from before Christmas and now finally taken care of long overdue..). But it's a bad bleak sort of season for it, and it sucks, though I did notice that the light is lasting a bit longer these days. In the realm of more fun stuff, I've been folding Arsons and getting all sort of cool goodies in the mail: lovely Octopus chaps, dancing girl press buttons..(I fell in love with the tiny ones Switchback Books has been passing around), paper for the next chap, and a sexy new bag. I like many folks have been going hogwild on etsy and have ordered some prints, postcards, and a new wallet which shall soon be arriving and will no doubt cheer me up. Impulse buying cures everything I say...

On Thursday, our field trip to the Art Institute, looking at some paintings and talking about iconography. I have to admit the choices on what we were to look at were non-spectacular, some sculpture and paintings (mostly Renaissance and impressionist, nothing modern.) One group did get to analyze a Lautrec, but one of my least favorites. Our assignment for next week is to respond to one of the pieces and I wish I could pick my own damn piece. I'm extra surly about school these days and being assigned things..grrr..school seems like such bull when far more important shit is going down..whether it be in general life or writing. Real projects I need to wrap up. It's definitely time to graduate.

Thanks to everyone for ordering copies of feign. I will be getting them out on Monday. Otherwise this weekend will be devoted to the glut of readings for the ekphrastic class, and watching some good trashy horror.

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Can't wait to have a dgp button, yay!

Brandi said...

Oh and p.s., I've heard endorphins actually DO increase when you purchase things... I'm a firm believer in retail therapy all the way...