Thursday, August 24, 2006

re-entry

On the rainy ride back from Wisconsin I had to practically tie my hands to keep from pulling out my notebook and frantically scrawling a to do list regarding all the stuff I have to get to when I get back to the city tomorrow. This evening, I finally relented, and now sullenly feel like I may never get it all done. Copies of Vestigial Portions to assemble, additional copies of How to Study Birds to print and put together (we've run out and I've gotten the go-ahead from Sarah G to do more since she's out too.).Several orders to fill that have come in over the last two weeks. I've also got to order a new drum for the printer..you figure, we're talking some 600 chapbooks over the last 10 months or so. I've killed the poor thing. And we won't even talk about the Wicked Alice submissions I didn't look at at all over the past two weeks. Needless to say I will hopefully be able to make decisions on them this week. After Labor Day, it's back to school and getting the print annual printed and assembled. I just need to breathe. It will all get done in good time. Maybe it's just that end of summer panic when I feel like I should be much further along with some projects than I actually am.

The last few days were actually pretty relaxing--all dark pine tree forests, giant ice cream cones, and the glorious hotel pool and jacuzzi at the Arrowhead. The I've been playing around with girl show and revamping some pieces, discarding other bits. Blissfully, the last week has bought a bit of good submission news--acceptances from 42opus, dusie, and alice blue. The removal from my regular surroundings have been good in terms of my own writing, but I don't like operating away home base for very long. It frazzles my control freakiness to no end.

No comments: