Thursday, August 10, 2006

It has been a weird, weird week here in real life, but it's getting infinitely better, especially with two weeks vacation on the horizon. Two weeks during which I intend to do nothing but write and relax--two things which seem theoretically impossible at the same time, but I'm willing to try. I want to play a bit with some newer girl show poems, a project which has picked up a little steam the past couple weeks after stalling out a bit. Perhaps it will be longer after all. I spent the morning working on a rather big collage for my mom, to whom I'd promised one using blue as the predominant color, so I needed to run to Utrecht on my lunch hour to get some sort of mat for it---also got some tiny ones for some little pieces I've been planning. Yesterday, got the final pdf and the cover design on feign and love it, love it, love it. We've decided to wait an release it in February, giving a reasonable margin between it and the fever almanac, yet still allowing me to pimp it at AWP (where I will also be pimping dancing girl press titles and sharing a table with Switchback Books, whose first book will be making its debut..)I haven't been to the conference since it was in Chicago, so I'm way looking forward to it.

As for the next two weeks, I will be in Rockford for awhile and the yearly sojourn to Wisconsin. I do find I write more when there, though it might just be less distractions of the internet kind. Last night, I rounded off my Asian horror-fest with Pulse, which has an impending American version soon hopefully to be released. I had a bit of trouble figuring out what the hell was going on, so the English version will hopefully clear that up. Just the latest in the technogothic mode--how technology can turn bad: unlabeled videotapes, television, cell phones, the internet. I know my computer is definitely evil.

No comments: