Thursday, June 29, 2006

vacation time

Without it, surely the mortality rate would be much higher in the workplace. Particularly MY workplace. Tomorrow, I'm off to the parents' house for the next week or so. It's good to be getting out of the city as the tourists are flooding in for The Taste, which makes the whole lakefront downtown smell like garbage and barbecue for a couple weeks. The traffic and sidewalks are a mess. Hopefully, will buckle down with some new poems after the weekend. I tend to work well when I'm away from work and home with all its distractions.


I have to admit, I'm a wee bit jealous reading Rebecca and Amanda's blogs (also Kelly and Jeannine previously) with all the MFA residency talk... Hard work, no doubt, but they all remind me of a really awesome summer camp with writing, workshops, and readings. Getting away from ordinary life if only for a week or two... I wanna go, dammit! Certainly MFA study that feels occasionally like summer camp sometimes is better than a program that always feels...well...like college.

No comments: