Monday, April 03, 2006

I had an excellent time at the Rhino reading yesterday, such a gorgeous building, the arts center in Evanston, a big old mansion with lakeside grounds and even a lighthouse close by. I wound up reading one of the pieces in the journal and a handful of feign poems. And the issue is lovely, I’ve read through about half, and it’s such an excellent variety of styles, which I think comes from having a multitude of editors and points of view.

I’ve begun working on my next collage thingy, which is going to be boxes, and no, no one can possibly do boxes without ripping off Cornell, but these are smaller and more focused on the text. I’m going to try burning the edges on some of the fragments of poetry, so let’s see if I can do it without burning my apartment building down. My poem a day project is off to a start, as you see below, even though it was a busy weekend. Let’s hope I can keep up the pace, though today’s piece which I’m getting ready to work on, will be a forms exercise for tomorrow. Not quite as much fun.

No comments: