Monday, July 25, 2005


Possible cover art for the unhappiness of objects.
It's part of one of the collages I did last summer after I learned the transfer techniques at the book and paper workshop, thus the purple dragonfly.

Today, it was sunny and hot up in my neighborhood, but by the time I got downtown it was pouring, and afterwards, cooler. Yesterday sans air conditioning (luckily my windows face north over a shady courtyard) I moved between fans in the bedroom and the study sweating in the rooms between. Stepped outside briefly to see my sister off and the wind felt like it was coming out an open oven door. Read a British quasi-trashy novel, Transgressions by Sarah Dunant, involving a Czech translator in a London victorian being stalked by one of her neighbors. A little smutty too. Polished it off in a day and a half sprawled across my bed. Ah summer..

No comments: