Thursday, June 30, 2005

Finally received my Amazon order, my belated birthday gift, only two months late. All three titles by Mary Ann Samyn, both Nick Flynn books, and Daphne Gottlieb’s Why Things Burn. Dug into Samyn’s Inside the Yellow Dress last night. Not liking it so far as much as Captivity Narrative, her first book, but we’ll see how it goes.

I’m working on going through what I now call the megascript, the new and improved version of feign, or one version of it anyway. Section by section. Poem by poem. I’m still undecided if that’s an option, or if I should just submit them separately as they are. It’s all very complicated. I’m liking the texture though, of the more traditional stuff with the more fragmented, innovative pieces. I’m just not sure if other people will. And should I even care if they do? And of course the fever poems, most of which are included in the megascript, is still out to a whole lot of contests I won’t hear from until the fall.

Tomorrow night, a trip to Paper Source, and then hopefully a reading at DvA—Lauren Matthews and Franscesco Levato (editors of Ink & Ashes) and Lina Ramona Vitkauskas and Larry Sawyer (editors of Milk Magazine). Should be a good reading. And then I am outta here Saturday morning. I won’t be totally incommudocado, but should only be checking my e-mail only once or twice a day rather than every twenty minutes.

Have finally made it through the Wicked Alice inbox, and have the issue completely fleshed out. It gets harder and harder with submissions increasing to draw the line size-wise. This time I tried to keep it under 15, but squeezed in some more since a lot of poets only have one poem. If I allow it to get too big, it’s a little overwhelming to readers. Yesterday, updated the main page. Of course, I don’t plan to do any layout stuff til I get back from vacation, so my mid July release date may be wildly optimistic.

1 comment:

marybid said...

Happy reading tonight, and good relaxing weekend to you, Kristy! :)