Monday, April 01, 2013

the cruelest month, 2013 edition


Another easter and way, way too much chocolate later, I find myself with a couple more days away from the library and general life chaos.  The snow seems finally have dwindled here to a manageable amount (no doubt it's completely gone in the city) and we've even had a couple days that topped out at 50 degrees.  I've been doing nothing much but getting my mom hooked on the first season of Supernatural and sleeping a lot.  But it's April, and you know what that means, NaPoWriMo  come round the bend.  I waffled a couple of weeks ago with possibly joining the fray, but April is always one of those crazy, crazy months with (still) finishing up tax stuff, more poetry-related things than usual, plus my birthday festivities squeezed in at the end.  There may also be a possible Mississippi jaunt (and hopefully a daytrip to New Orleans,) that very last week. Usually, I fail with my daily poems about mid month. It's always tempting to try, though, and last year, I did get some really good pieces for the mermaid poems (I also got a lot of crap..) but I am always tempted to give it a whirl.  Lately I've been trying to write a little something everyday on the weekdays at least, but who knows how long I can keep it up without it making me nuts.  So in lieu of daily poems, perhaps I'll just post some snippets of things I've been working on.  stay tuned...

No comments: