Sunday, April 22, 2012

Thus far I have spent my weekend both working my last Saturday of the semester in the library and untangling an emotional knot of sorts. Sometimes it's hard to be a grown-up and sometimes it's easy to think that you can just throw emotions out like bathwater and you'll be fine and you sorta aren't. I like to think I am good with jealousy, as being non-monogamous sort of calls for, that I've totally whipped that shit and am the better for it, but at the same time I've discovered I'm sorta an attention whore. I spent Friday night feeling off and weird and cranky about certain things and couldn't figure out WHY. But I think I have it pin-pointed and can deal with it, or at least side step it, or learn to avoid the sorts of situations that touched it off.

Otherwise, it's been a little chillier than I'd like, but I am all aflutter with a new art idea that involves pop-up, 3-D, interactive sort of stuff and have been investigating logistics. I am made of total fail on the NapoWriMo, but still thinking I may get a good chunk of stuff to work with by the end of the month anyway. I am also actually submitting things finally, mostly beautiful, sinister stuff, bit some of the mermaid poems. so we'll see what comes of that.

It's birthday week, so I intend to buy myself something lovely when we get paid, drink a ridiculous number of margaritas on Friday night, eat strawberry boston creme cake from Dominicks, and when my parents are in town next weekend, maybe fit in a zoo trip. I am still freaked by that steady inching ever towards forty, but I'm just not going to think about it.

No comments: