Saturday, March 07, 2009

weekend

quand il pleut
quand il pleut - by wickedpen on Polyvore.com


I have definitely calmed down mentally a bit from midweek. I think it's just time contraints that make me crazy. The weather is also better slightly, and that helps somehow. I was enormously productive yesterday, working on new art, filling a large order for earrings for 14 bridesmaids, (my sister is overwhelmed with 3, so I can I can only imagine the chaos of 14). Also, some new flasks. I should have a pretty shiny new printer coming either today or Monday to get back to work on the books. AND, amazingly, I wrote two new poems this morning, (largely by forcing myself to not get distracted by e-mails and blogs and various junk.) I dont think I've wrtten two poems in one day since about ten years ago. It felt good (though I will tell you if they are crap when I look again at them tomorrow..)

4 comments:

Talia Reed said...

Good for you. I haven't read a book of poems nor written any since joining facebook a few weeks ago. I'm horribly ashamed and need to take the advice of the quote I gave my students last week: "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle.

Dana said...

You derailed my blogroll reading yesterday. Every time I come here and you have a new outfit up, I go to that site and lose hours of my life oooohing and aaaahing over shoes, skirts, purses and the like.

:)

The Big Burbs said...

Yes Kristy, you're latest polyvore has caused me to look at my black ballet flats as boring and loathsome without so much as a crochet rose or giant pearl to adorn them!

kristy bowen said...

LOL...wha's crazy is most of these clothes I'd never be able to afford, much less find them in a size that fits me..but oh, the lusting over them!