Wednesday, March 04, 2009

static

Today is one of those days when I have so many things flying around in my head that absolutely nothing gets done or accomplished at all. It's like too many birds flitting and flying and none will come to rest on a branch. What's odd is I slept really well and for a very long time, one of those dead sleeps where my body wakes up hurting from not moving, so it can't be tireness or exhaustion. I think at some point I reach a certain critical mass in terms of projects underway and can't take on or concieve anymore, and even basic tasks become impossible. Even straightening up the kitchen, or putting away the groceries that have been sitting out (except for the fridge/freezer stuff) since Sunday seems like a mountainous task. Even the laundry is still sitting in the cart ever since I took it out of the dryer Monday night.

There is much to be done in the next week or so, including getting things ready for the open studio, artwork to be matted, furniture to be assembled. I'm also, at long last, getting the kissing disease ready to send out in time for a March 15th contest deadline.. and of course, always, chaps to be proofed and laid out little papery things to be made. I feel like a dull pencil lately, serviceable, but not all that sharp.

No comments: