Thursday, August 21, 2008

notes while vacating

I've been trying to stay away from the computer during my time off, but as you can see there is not much success in that arena. There are always emails to answer, details to tend to. Nevertheless I have spent the week lounging about doing much of nothing. There's been a bit of thriftstore and flea market wandering, eating actual cooked meals (not my usual cereal, grilled cheese, and takeout fare), wedding planning for little sis next fall, and campfires with s'mores out by the pond. I am sleeping better in my old room than I have in months in my own bed. I think I just needed to get away from all the static and leftover drama. There are a ton of things I need to tend to once I'm back in the city, more chaps to make, orders to ship, so I'll be heading back a bit earlier to spend a day in the studio on Monday..onTuesday, it's back to work for a week and then the semester starts all over again.

No comments: