Saturday, October 01, 2022

#31daysofhalloween | swimming the witch


The first installment in this month-long celebration of all things spooky is an older poem I recently set to video to kick off the month.  I realized with a start it is almost twenty years old (I think I wrote it in late 2002 or early 2003. It wound up being part of my THE ARCHAEOLOGISTS DAUGHTER chapbook published a couple years later, but didn't seem right for the THE FEVER ALMANAC as I started to put that first book together. . There are of course things I would change now, including the length, which seems long for me, also some of the long sentences with wierd, overought clauses at the end. Then again, it is what it is. I remember being pleased with myself I could slant rhyme "Salem" and "venom." so it's something, and I like the images and flow of it overall enough to share again. 

No comments: