Monday, April 28, 2014




Had an excellent birthday Friday, filled with pie and tiaras and margaritas and enough fun that I really didn't mind getting another year older.  Admittedly I was exhausted and a little hungover Saturday when I took some dgp books on the road (well into my little suitcase and over two blocks) to the Chicago Public Library's Poetry Fest, where they have a little mini book fair set up in the lobby of Harold Washington amidst some other readings and workshops and such.  I ended up spending the rest of the afternoon in the studio finishing up some author copies and playing around with lunarium, which as soon as I have all the materials, will be unveiling in a week or so.  Sunday, I did much of nothing except nap and watch indie movies all afternoon into evening.  But a good weekend, despite the rather chilly weather that has me cold everywhere I go, which is de riguer this time of year, the point where property managers stop cranking the radiators and mother nature has yet to pick up the slack.

This week, I'm finishing up some new chaps by Alison Stone and Jennifer Martin, the cover designs of which are in the works.  I'll be working this weekend, so will no doubt get some concentrated work done on some other upcoming books while I'm chained to the desk.  It's hard to believe it is already May though, the semester ending already and another academic year put to bed.

No comments: