Wednesday, July 17, 2013


Another week and I am feeling very much in the thick of things.  But the only way out seems to be through, so I'm going with it.  And it's hot, the gross sort of heat that makes my lettuce soggy as soon as it's out of the fridge and the cats lie around bellies-up in a stupor. I am also still a/c less at the studio since they are working on the brickwork on my side of the building, so I'm pretty much hot everywhere but the library (where of course I freeze all day). The only bonus in the studio is that is the humidity makes the paper extra malleable, so I get a really nice fold on things.

But I am self-medicating the heat with strawberry/kiwi smoothies from the sushi place on the corner and the daily reminder that in 6 months, I'll be begging for this sort of weather. Otherwise,   I have been reading more dgp submissions, tweaking layouts on upcoming books, and playing with some cover ideas for upcoming titles.

I've also just dug in on the proofs for the shared properties of water and stars, which is in the final stages of production. I intend to sit down sometime in the next couple of days and go over it with a fine toothed comb. It's exciting, all these books coming into the world.

1 comment:

Outsideofacat said...

Kristy, I read "Queen of the Milky Way" last night and absolutely loved it. So I wrote a little blog post about it: http://outsideofacat.wordpress.com/2013/07/19/enchanting-erasure-emilie-lindemanns-queen-of-the-milky-way/ -- including a link to the shop. :) Hope you like.