Tuesday, April 16, 2013

blurgh..

This is turning out to be one of those weeks I really just want to crawl into a cave and get away from the world, while at the same time, I'm badly in need of busyness and routines to keep my head away from sad things.  And even outside of my kitty drama, there seems to just be so many sad things, on a national level and a micro level. It's hard to concentrate on beautiful things, on making beautiful things,  when there is such ugliness everywhere.  I try to snap myself out of it by skimming listlessly through poetry books and novels but nothing holds my attention.  I'm also in a weird period right before heading out of town, so there doesn't seem much point in starting in on something new in terms of projects, art, craft, or otherwise...

I do have a number of dgp books almost nearing completion and in layout state  (titles by Colleen Abel, Brandi Homan, Emilie Lindemann, and Christine Herzer), so those will be releasing soon, possibly before the end of the month if I get them ready to print.  And my book from Noctuary, the shared properties of water and stars, will be coming very soon.  So there are good things among the bad things, it's just hard to keep sight of them out in the waves.  And, thank god, Mississippi, less than a week away with its beaches and sun and wide expanses of gulf. I don't think I've ever needed a vacation more than I do right now. 
 

1 comment:

A. Square said...

I like the line "Thank God, Mississippi" !!