Monday, July 20, 2009

nuts

For some odd reason, I keep stumbling across emptied pistachio shells. Last week they were strewn across the sidewalk near the bus stop on Michigan. Today, two perfect styrofoam cups full sitting on the sidewalk on Sheridan. Perhaps some weird omen, but more likely the same pistachio addicted fellow commuter. Still, I have an automatic recoil when I see them thanks to this movie. In fact, now that I think about it, some of my greatest life lessons have been gleened from watching Sissy Spacek movies. Do not accidentally swallow pistachio shells. Don't go to your highschool prom. Don't sleep with sailors. My favorite movie as a child was Coal Miner's Daughter, the Loretta Lynn biopic, where I first encountered the idea that, yes, planes could fall out of the sky even if they were carrying Patsy Cline.

1 comment:

Evildolleyes said...

C. got addicted to those last summer. Every time he'd buy them I couldn't help but think about that movie.