Wednesday, January 23, 2008

vintage obsession #2




Another obsession that I'm so happy to feature in the shop are these vintage souvenir pillows. I prefer the satin, pastel colored ones, but my great grandmother when I was a kid, had a slew of the black velvet variety stacked across the back of her couch. I nearly forgot about them until I was perusing ebay one day looking for vintage pillow cases and stumbled across them. Now, I'm bent of snatching up as many as I can for the shop. Amazingly, alot of them seem to be in excellent condition, and not subject to the sort of wear and tear one would expect. Some of them date back to the thirties, though alot are circa WWII. Alot of them have some rather, sall we say..um..interesting..sentimental poetry, but I LOVE the colors on them.

No comments: